Hawkbill Hybrid Flipper
- AGGRESSIVE BLADE: Cryo Treated Japanese AUS8 Hawkbill Style with a Smooth Single Right or Left Hand Deployment
- G-10 GRIP: Strong Safe Ergonomic Tactical Grip & Deep Pocket Carry Clip
- BATTLE TESTED: Used and Tested in the Field by Military, Law Enforcement, Hunters and Off-Grid Adventurers
- QUALITY: Big Hunk of Japanese AUS8 Steel and a Large G10 Handle to Match, Jimping on the Grip and Blade, Strong Liner Lock, Tip-Up Right or Left Option, Deep Pocket/Belt Clip
- SIZE & WEIGHT: Cutting Edge 3.25 inches, Grip 4.875 inches, Full Length 8 inches, Weight: 7.4 ounces
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had originally purchased this knife once and then thought I lost it. So I bought another due to the fact this thing is a flat out BEAST!
There is something about Off Grids knives. Due to the quality of my first purchase, I now own 4 of their blades an the Tac pen. Everything they have is just rugged. You pick up this thing and you know you have a formidable blade. It’s sturdy, razor sharp and durable. After I bought my second Hawkbill I found my first (left it in the garage on a ladder...derp). I did a side by side of the two. Both had the exact action, heft, sharpness and durability.
These guys make amazing blades. I own everything from Spyderco to Benchmade. All I carry now is OG.
My only issue is, which one do I carry today!
The size was the first shocker. As others have said, this is a huge knife. It opens silky smooth. Sharp right out of the box. Stropped it a little and it cuts thru household stuff so easily with very little effort. Stop waiting and buy one, or two, now.
I am a low voltage electrician. I use a knife daily. I use it for opening boxes, cutting casing off of wire, cutting wire...I have carried a knife since I was 12.
Until recently I carried a Benchmade (I live in Oregon, they are 3 miles up the road...). No complaints with it. I also own K-Bar, Kershaw, Spyderco knives. Bought the Hawkbill on a whim. It replaced my Benchmade the next day! It was hefty, well built, sharp as hell out of the box (shaved my arm to see) and flat out impressive. Beat the hell out of it for a week. It’s AUS 8 steel so it isn’t as hard as my Benchmade, but it easily gets a razor sharp edge with little effort. It’s now my EDC. Also bought the Cleaver from Off Grid. Same result.
The other cool thing is I sent an email to the company, and the guy who designed the Hawkbill emailed me back! In less than 6 hours! Talk about service and getting to someone who knows the product.
And no, I have not been given a sample, paid for my time etc. I’m a full paying customer.
Watch the video, this sucker is big. Perfect work horse of a knife, big handle, great for wearing gloves with it, the hawkbill tip bites into whatever you're cutting with ease. Highly recommend this cool looking monster.